Call for members for FBA’s International Research Working GroupsIn order to strengthen its evidence-based work on peace, security and development, FBA is currently looking for scholars from around the globe who want to leverage their knowledge to inform the programming and policy work of FBA and its partners as members of FBA’s international research working groups. The deadline for application is 30 April 2023.
Members will join FBA’s international research working groups for a four-year period starting on 1st September 2023.
Responsibilities and benefits
- Members are expected to provide expert advice to FBA, thus informing the agency’s operations. This involves, for example, giving research presentations at internal FBA meetings and research-policy dialogues.
- Members will have the opportunity to apply for research grants awarded through a competitive, peer-reviewed process.
- Through FBA-funded research workshops and research-policy dialogues, members will be offered regular opportunities to engage with other research working group members, FBA practitioners and FBA partners.
- Through a procurement process, members can be commissioned consultancy work of relevance to FBA’s work.
- Members can be offered the opportunity to publish policy-relevant research findings in FBA’s Research Brief Series.
- The membership is voluntary based, and not remunerated. The voluntary work will vary based on the demand of each member’s day to day responsibilities.
- In order to promote broad-based research, stimulate the exchanging of ideas, and give FBA employees access to different types of knowledge, FBA aims to ensure diversity in group members. Therefore, FBA encourages diversity in terms of academic seniority, the researchers’ methodological and epistemological approaches, their gender and their geographic origin.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of excellence in their research, or a promising research agenda commensurate with the academic rank. Moreover, applicants must demonstrate a clear commitment to collaborate and engage with FBA.
- FBA invites applications from scholars in the social and political sciences with the following qualifications:
- Doctoral degree (PhD, D. Phil) or equivalent terminal degree in the applicant’s field.
- Proven academic expertise and publications, commensurable with rank, in reputable academic outlets in one or several of FBA’s areas of expertise (see the application form for more information)
- Area studies expertise relevant to FBA’s partner countries, and FBA’s regional strategies (see the application form for more information).
- Experience in informing policy processes and programming on the basis of in-depth thematic and contextual knowledge and a motivation to engage with FBA’s working areas and operational programs.
Members are selected on a competitive basis and are non-residential and on voluntary basis.
Interested researchers should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (no more than two pages).
- Letter of Intent (500 words maximum) to explain how the researcher can contribute to FBA in general or certain country or thematic expertise. Applications that do not make explicit reference to FBA’s areas or countries of work are unlikely to be successful.
- List of most recent and relevant publications (Two pages maximum).
- Application form, which is available here: Download the application form
For more information, please contract email@example.com
Application deadline: 30 April 2023