Political Adviser Course
This course is intended to improve the skills and strengthen the capacity and competence of political advisers in international organizations, in particular in EU Common Security and Defence Missions (CSDP missions). The course provides knowledge and understanding on the roles and tasks of political advisers, on the use of analytical tools, on advising techniques, on speech writing and negotiation and public communication.
- EU structures, policies and procedures.
- Political analysis and reporting.
- Tools and techniques of conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation.
- Practicalities of imparting political advice.
- Media and public relations relations skills.
This course is intended for current and future political advisers working in the wider context of EU Common Security and Defence Missions (CSDP missions) or similar environments. Representatives from relevant ministries, the military and police, such as analysts, desk officers as well as members of international peace operations will also benefit from taking part.
Information about the next course will be published as soon as a date for the course is set.